Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched its first water-resistant tablet named Honor Waterplay with IP67 ratings.The device has a 8-inch WUXGA screen and powered by Kirin 659 SoC processor. The device comes in two colour variants Gold and silver.
Honor WaterPlay runs on Android 8.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 8.0 on top. It has stereo speakers with Huawei Histen 5.0 3D audio technology and a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
For photography, the tablet has a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor at the rear. For selfies Honor WaterPlay has a 8-megapixel front camera with face unlock, uni-body metal design and packs a 5100mAh battery with support for 9V-2A fast charging. It also comes in 4G version with support for voice calling.
Honor WaterPlay 8″ specifications
- 8-inch (1200 x 1920 pixels) WXGA display with 60% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB /128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 5.1
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Huawei Histen 3D audio
- Dimensions: 248 × 173 × 7.8mm; Weight: 465g
- 4G LTE (Optional), WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5100mAh (typical) / 4980mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
Price and Availability
The Honor WaterPlay 8″ tablet is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 217 / Rs. 15,899 approx.) for the 64GB WiFi version, 1899 yuan (US$ 275 / Rs. 20,140 approx.) for the 128GB WiFi version and the 64GB 4G LTE version costs 1799 yuan (US$ 261 / Rs. 19,080 approx.). It is available for order in China and goes on sale from November 6.